Interested in skipping your loan payment this month?
Skip your loan payment when the time is right for you. Pick the month(s) – up to two per 12 month period (months skipped cannot be consecutive). Use the cash to shop for holidays, pay your taxes, save up for a large purchase or just plain catch up!
How to Skip Your Payment(s): Fully complete the Skip-A-Pay application by electronically signing the form via Docusign.
Important Information about Skip -A- Pay:
- There is a $25.00 processing fee per loan. The fee will be debited from an Memorial Credit Union deposit account at the time your skip payment request is approved. (Funds cannot come from an account from another financial institution)
- Most Memorial consumer loans are eligible. Loans that ARE NOT ELIGIBLE include: Real Estate, CD Secured Loans, and MasterCard Credit Cards.
- Your account must be in good standing.
- You have not requested a Skip-A-Pay in the last 3 months.
- When you skip a loan payment, your loan will be extended. This can increase the total interest you pay over the life of the loan. Interest will continue to accrue on your unpaid balance on a daily basis resulting in a greater amount of your next scheduled payment to be applied toward interest. Skipping a loan payment could also affect a GAP (Guaranteed Auto Protection) claim.
- Regular payments resume the following month.
- If you are making payments through payroll deduction, your payment will be placed into your savings account for your convenience.
- All skip payment request are subject to final approval and you will notified only if your request is denied.
Setup Your Skip-A-Pay today.
If you have any questions regarding this service please call any of our member service representatives at 713-778-6300 during regular business hours.